Berries del Oeste
“We were conceived to re-discover the satisfaction of the authentic strawberry. Utilising only natural methodologies, through the hybridization of distant families, we have achieved a plant vigor that has allowed us to select plants with fruit of great depth of flavour, excellent production, earliness and long shelf life”
Methodology for a natural objective
- Use only natural methods: controlled manual pollination.
- Obtaining varieties by interspecies hybridization persevering in the “hybrid vigor”, thus achieving superplants.
- Improvement carried out under organic farming methods without chemical disinfection of the soil, in extreme weather conditions, with very cold winters and warm springs, setting natural resistances.
- “The perfection of the fruit”: achieving more first-class commercial fruit and less second-class fruit, reducing waste and lowering production costs, as well as overproductive stress.
- Reduced need for nitrate; We take care of the aquifers.
Improvement strategy: collaborate with the plant
- Balance energy: perfection of the fruit, all the fruit goes to first quality, with a more linear production curve in the campaign.
- Great production capacity in cold conditions: PRECOCITY.
- Fruit with a high content of brix degrees and aromatic: TASTE / premium quality.
- Good production in December, January and February, with excellent continuity: BALANCED CAMPAIGN
- Well-fed fruit, good post-harvest: Excellent shelf life, COMMERCIAL SAFETY.